mudcat.org: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

Post to this Thread - Sort Descending - Printer Friendly - Home


BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male

GUEST,Ophelia Rodd 28 Jun 05 - 09:58 AM
JennyO 28 Jun 05 - 10:17 AM
GUEST,Ophelia Rodd 28 Jun 05 - 10:29 AM
Le Scaramouche 28 Jun 05 - 11:09 AM
Le Scaramouche 28 Jun 05 - 11:11 AM
JennyO 28 Jun 05 - 11:14 AM
GUEST,Ophelia Rodd 28 Jun 05 - 11:17 AM
Ebbie 28 Jun 05 - 11:34 AM
freda underhill 28 Jun 05 - 11:36 AM
*daylia* 28 Jun 05 - 11:36 AM
freda underhill 28 Jun 05 - 11:50 AM
JennyO 28 Jun 05 - 11:58 AM
freda underhill 28 Jun 05 - 12:14 PM
freda underhill 28 Jun 05 - 12:30 PM
Le Scaramouche 28 Jun 05 - 12:49 PM
gnu 28 Jun 05 - 12:55 PM
Little Hawk 28 Jun 05 - 01:48 PM
Lyrics & Knowledge Search [Advanced]
DT  Forum
Sort (Forum) by:relevance date
DT Lyrics:



Subject: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: GUEST,Ophelia Rodd
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 09:58 AM

Yes, recent research has revealed the surprising truth - 4% of all psychopaths are male.

Veronica Clefthorn, in her latest book, "The Thatcher Complex", has outlined a new emotional pattern amongst women - a growing tendency towards sociopathy, and in some, psychopathy. Clefthorn cites Margaret Thatcher, Hillary Clinton, and Edna Everidge as role models who exemplify the new women, who Clefthorn has labelled "the femopath". Clefthorn came up with this 16 point checklist of symptoms:

1. Considers child rearing to be a vocation, not a vacation. States we live in an economy, not a nursery.

2. Prefers suits, shoulder pads, navy blue and black. No florals.

3. Absence of warmth, kindness or other "erotic" symptoms - considerable poise, coolness, and verbal facility.

4. Disregard for housework, no sense of responsibility, demands others put the garbage out.

5. An appalling capacity for blunt speaking.

7. Antisocial behavior such as independent thought, challenging comments, seeming to stem from an inexplicable truthfulness.

7. Enjoys psyching you out.

8. Callous judgment - the Judge Judy complex.

9. Pathological egocentricity. Total self-centeredness incapacity for real love and attachment.

10. General poverty of deep and lasting friendships.

11. Lack of any true insteps, flat footed.

12. Ingratitude for any special considerations, kindness, and trust.

13. After drinking and sometimes even when not drinking--vulgarity, rudeness, quick mood shifts, pranks.

14. History of domination.

15. An impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated socks life. Cupboard full of missing socks.

16. Military self discipline, often found in middle management.

Could you be a femopath? Or are you living in an abusive relationship with a femopath? If so, you are advised to be submissive, put the garbage out, and find your own missing socks.

more info at imarriedafemopath.com.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: JennyO
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 10:17 AM

Well for a start, Dame Edna Everage was a character created by a man - Barry Humphries, so there goes your theory......heh heh


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: GUEST,Ophelia Rodd
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 10:29 AM

True, JennyO, Edna Everage IS played by a man, but she represents a particular archetype which embodies the femopath. Now, have you lost your fluffy lavender bedsocks lately? I smell a little denial - or even, the smell of a distant flushing?

O.R.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: Le Scaramouche
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:09 AM

Or could it just be that Dame Edna Everage (sp?) is an hilarious drag queen?


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: Le Scaramouche
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:11 AM

Wait, if 4% of all psycopaths are male, are the other 96% women?
What of hermaphrodites?


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: JennyO
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:14 AM

Ha! I might have known.

Nope, no rivers in Egypt around here. And the fluffy lavender bedsocks are doing very well thank you. I mean, how could somebody (a woman that is) who wears fluffy lavender bedsocks be seriously considered a femopath?

The same, however, could not be said for the type of female who enjoys her steak EXTREMELY rare, and sneaks out in the dead of night to meet shady characters of questionable habits! Quite batty if you ask me.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: GUEST,Ophelia Rodd
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:17 AM

heh heh heh..


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: Ebbie
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:34 AM

It is quite evident that Clefthorn has not yet decided whether being a 'femopath' is a good thing or a bad thing.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: freda underhill
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:36 AM

Perhaps she is an undiagnosed femopath!


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: *daylia*
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:36 AM

LOLOLOL!!

Uh-oh ... think I'll finally ditch that decades-old Lonely Socks Club! I usually give 'em 2 or 3 years to patch things up with their long-lost partners, but having read your list Ophelia, I'm going over to the closet and dumping that shelf into a garbage bag right NOW!

Hey! Quit looking at me in that tone of voice!

*sigh*   forget it ... I just can't seem to find the heart ...


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: freda underhill
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:50 AM

daylia, that poignant image has brought tears to my nose... and reminds me of that beautiful poem by Pablo Neruda..

ODE TO MY SOCKS

Maru Mori brought me
a pair
of socks
which she knited with her own
sheepherder hands,
two socks as soft
as rabbits.
I slipped my feet
into them
as if they were
two
cases
knitted
with threads of
twilight
and the pelt of sheep.
Outrageous socks,
my feet became
two fish
made of wool,
two long sharks
of ultramarine blue
crossed
by one golden hair,
two gigantic blackbirds,
two cannons:
my feet
were honored
in this way
by
these
heavenly
socks.
They were
so beautiful
that for the first time
my feet seemed to me
unacceptable
like two decrepit
firemen, firemen
unworthy of that embroidered
fire,
of those luminous socks.

Nevertheless,
I resisted
the sharp temptation
to save them
as schoolboys
keep fireflies,
as scholars
collect
sacred documents,
I resisted
the wild impulse
to put them
in a golden
cage
and each day give them
birdseed
and chunks of pink melon.
Like explorers
in the jungle
who hand over the rare
green deer
to the roasting spit
and eat it
with remorse,
I stretched out
my feet
and pulled on
the
magnificent
socks
and
then my shoes.

And the moral of my ode
is this:
beauty is twice
beauty
and what is good is doubly
good
when it's a matter of two
woolen socks
in winter.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: JennyO
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 11:58 AM

Daylia, do you realise what you have done? Those cute appealing little socks will haunt my waking hours and appear in my dreams. I'll never be able to throw out all my odd socks now (sob)

Does this mean I'm a femopath after all?

BTW, before I go to bed, I mustn't forget to leave a note for John to put the garbage out ;-)


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: freda underhill
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 12:14 PM

and just because 4% of psychopaths are male, it doesn't mean in any way that the other 96% aren't male. by applying a little empirical thinking, and some cod liver oil, we can deduce only that the 4% are psychopathic males - the other 96% are yet to be analysed. They may be male, they may not. they may be female. they may not. they may be psychopaths, psychofems, femopaths or crazy paths.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: freda underhill
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 12:30 PM

or insomaniacs. (insomniacs with a maniacal streak).


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: Le Scaramouche
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 12:49 PM

UMM, the title is 4% of all PSYCOPATHS are male. Psycopaths being the group looked at according to the title. Unless we include hermaphrodites, that leaves us with 96% women, or is there another gender I'm unaware of?


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: gnu
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 12:55 PM

Hermaphrodites? Since we are talking statistics, they're in the + or -.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate

Subject: RE: BS: 4% of all psychopaths are male
From: Little Hawk
Date: 28 Jun 05 - 01:48 PM

I had one girlfriend who was definitely a psychopath, and so was her older sister. I survived, and am older and wiser now.


Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate
 


You must be a member to post in non-music threads. Join here.


You must be a member to post in non-music threads. Join here.



Mudcat time: 22 February 11:51 PM EST

[ Home ]

All original material is copyright © 1998 by the Mudcat Café Music Foundation, Inc. All photos, music, images, etc. are copyright © by their rightful owners. Every effort is taken to attribute appropriate copyright to images, content, music, etc. We are not a copyright resource.