Mudcat Café message #2449976 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #114700   Message #2449976
Posted By: M.Ted
25-Sep-08 - 01:00 PM
Thread Name: I nearly lost my daughter ..............
Subject: RE: I nearly lost my daughter ..............
Our prayers and mediations are with you, Skarpi. As a parents, we share your fears, anger, and pain. We hope that her recovery is complete and quick. And that you all are soon restored to peace of mind.

You mentioned that others drank from the bottle--but you didn't mention how or if they were affected. Our best wishes go out to them, as well.


It may be that the wine was not "spiked", but that it was, in fact, contaminated with Sulfur Dioxide, and that your daughter's reaction was not poisoning, but anaphylactic shock. Wine Contamination triggers asthma


The description that you gave--of her body functions totally shutting down immediately after drinking the wine is more consistent with anaphylactic shock, which can come on immediately, than with the effects of a drug, which usually requires ingestion and assimilation into the blood stream.

Either way this was a horrifying experience for you, and a parent's worst nightmare. All the best to you, starting now!

Ted