Mudcat Café message #2402975 The Mudcat Café TM
Thread #111146   Message #2402975
Posted By: Charley Noble
01-Aug-08 - 08:27 AM
Thread Name: Update: Portland (Maine) Maritime Festival
Subject: RE: Update: Portland (Maine) Maritime Festival
I'm more worried about the weather for Saturday (some forecasts predict rain, some a 6 hour window of hazy sun), and would welcome clarification of when and how volunteer staff and performers would be informed if there were a decision to move from Spring Point to the South Portland High School (the back-up festival site).

As sound volunteers we have thousands of dollars of equipment to be concerned about if there be rain, this in addition to our desire to set up and manage sound in a timely fashion.

We would rather know what the plan is later today rather than 9 am on Saturday. Others such as performers or audience may share that concern.

Charley Noble