Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
Howard Jones Travelling in the eu with instruments (19) RE: Travelling in the eu with instruments 16 Jan 21

Stan, I didn't hear the Radio 3 programme, but I suspect they may have been referring to work visas for professional musicians. Those rules are set by individual countries and travelling musicians will need to check with them, although it appears that many are willing to allow visits for cultural purposes without a visa.

CITES is an international treaty governing cross-border movement of endangered species. The EU is a single entity for CITES purposes, so it applies to anything going in and out of the EU, but not to movement within it. Previously that included the UK, but now travel to the EU is "cross-border" and CITES may now be relevant if your instrument contains certain species.

Instruments are supposedly being made an exception, but finding where that is stated and what documentation may nevertheless be required is difficult. At present, obtaining a Musical Instrument Certificate seems to be the safest option, but the forms are far from easy to understand.

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.