Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
David Carter (UK) BS: Brexit #3: A futile gesture? (4169* d) RE: BS: Brexit #3: A futile gesture? 06 May 19

And that sums up the problem with our politics, compared to the more grown up democracies of mainstream Europe, that a party can get 30% of the vote and claim they won, despite the other 70% holding a diametrically opposing view. They won't have won of course, firstly because it is a Europe wide election, and secondly because the electoral method is either D'Hondt or STV depending upon where you are, and not the primitive first past the post system used for Westminster.

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
   * Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.