Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
Gedi Public Entertainment Licences (72* d) RE: Public Entertainment Licences 27 Jan 09

I heard something on Radio4 a few weeks ago about having to have a licence (for copyrighted material I think) if you have a radio playing where anyone other than yourself can hear it. This effectively gets any factory where employees (or indeed the company itself) is playing a radio, also it covers shops where staff and/or customers can hear the music. It seems that the authorities who look after these things are clamping down on it, and I know for a fact that the factory where I work has been 'asked' to get a licence to cover such radio broadcasts.

However, the performing of live music in a pub is something different and I'm not sure on the position here. What if all the music played is out of copyright? Therefore there can be no copyright fees due can there?


Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
   * Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.