Mudcat Café Message Lyrics & Knowledge Personal Pages Record Shop Auction Links Radio & Media Kids Membership Help
The Mudcat Cafeawe

User Name Thread Name Subject Posted
Layah BS: English To English Dictionary (158* d) RE: BS: English To English Dictionary 18 Mar 05

I've also heard "rubber baby buggy bumpers" but never anyone who actually called them buggys. As far as I know in California buggys don't exist and all babies are put in strollers. In London strollers were called push chairs. I have heard that in the UK buggys are called prams (short for perambulator?) but I haven't actually heard the word used. Although I haven't seen people in California use them, I would be likely to call them baby carriages.

Post to this Thread -

Back to the Main Forum Page

By clicking on the User Name, you will requery the forum for that user. You will see everything that he or she has posted with that Mudcat name.

By clicking on the Thread Name, you will be sent to the Forum on that thread as if you selected it from the main Mudcat Forum page.
   * Click on the linked number with * to view the thread split into pages (click "d" for chronologically descending).

By clicking on the Subject, you will also go to the thread as if you selected it from the original Forum page, but also go directly to that particular message.

By clicking on the Date (Posted), you will dig out every message posted that day.

Try it all, you will see.